This is such a clever and simple idea I thought I better reblog it before I forgot all about it. I was going to use the charcoal method. That is where you draw with a charcoal pencil on the back of your design and then when you press over the front of your design onto your project the charcoal makes an outline for you to follow. Then I saw Lindsay’s idea so I will give that a go. Please go to Lindsay’s blog HERE for her tutorial. Hope you are having a lovely day!
Blessings ~ Sarah
How To Transfer Designs to Wood Using Newsprint
1. Print out your design and cut away the excess white space. Tape the top of your design to the painted or primed wood in the location you want to transfer the design.
2. Lift up the design and slide a page of newsprint underneath it. The classified pages and stock market pages work best, as there is a lot of small newsprint all over the page. Make sure that the entire design is underneath the newsprint.
3. With a pen or pencil (preferably a pink one with your name on it like you are 6 years old) , trace the outline of your design directly onto the paper. Press firmly, but you don’t have to go overboard with the pressure.
4. Remove the taped design and newsprint to reveal a light transfer underneath! I have turned up the contrast on this photo so that you will be able to see the transfer.
5. With your pencil (or with a paintbrush if you are way more talented than me), trace the transfer directly onto the wood.
6. Admire the beauty of your transfer, and then get busy painting!
I love this from Chris (my lovely husband) who writes at Soterion.org (when he gets the time). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
~ Sarah xxx
Another timely word from A.W. Tozer:
“This we have heard: “I am a born again Christian and I am happy that my sins are forgiven and I go to church on Sunday because I like the fellowship!” We ask: “Do you not go to put yourself in the way of spiritual blessing?” The answer: “No, I am saved and I do not need anything!” We ask: “Have you offered to witness, to pray, to encourage, to assist, to participate in your church’s life and outreach?” The answer: “No. My church seems to get along very well without my help!” Brethren, this “non participation” kind of faith is a strange parody on Bible Christianity. Men and women who say they are believers just cancel themselves out. Is it something we have learned from the sporting events? – the great majority are spectators. They come and sit! If there is any true spiritual life within us, God will give us a gift of some kind and the humble soul will find something to do for God!
In my time as a pastor of a church, I found myself continually grieved in my heart by this strange phenomenon of which Tozer speaks. Christians who were not willing to relinquish their own sovereignty to Christ, and then throw their “all” into the precious blood-bought community which Christ had generously placed them in. And this was unfortunately not a rare occurrence, no, regrettably this was the norm. Oh how my heart grieved over this. And yet, my dismay over this situation was also met with caution. Caution over self. Because I pondered then, as I ponder now, how much have I really thrown myself into this precious blood-bought community which Christ has generously placed me in?!
I really love words and scripture on wooden boards look lovely. The lettering is printed on the board by using a Sharpie paint pen. So clever! Homespun has an easy and fantastic tutorial HERE . I think this is super cute, I hope you like it too.
Blessings ~ Sarah xxx