Random Things About Me
1. I was born in New Zealand.
2. I wish I could be a vegetarian, but I enjoy eating meat too much. I don’t really like seafood, but I cook it for my family. My husband LOVES seafood.
3. I love cats and rabbits. In the state where I live it is illegal to own a rabbit.
4. I am trying to work out what I want to do and be when I grow up. Time is running out.
5. I had a sister who died before I was born.
6. I went out with green eyebrows. No one said anything. My baby was only a few weeks old, sleeping in my room. I didn’t want to put the light on and wake her up so I put my make up on in the dark and I picked up the wrong coloured pencil. Oops.
7. I love the ocean. When we lived in Cincinnati in the USA, I put salt water in bowls around the house because I missed living by the ocean so much.
8. I played the viola when I was a child.
9. I have lived in three countries. New Zealand, United States of America (Cincinnati in the state of Ohio) and Australia.
10. I left school when I was 15 to go to work. I went to night school while I was working to get my High School education.
11. I’m a mother and wife.
12. I love singing. I have many favourite songs. I like loads of different types of music. I sometimes lead the worship service at our church.
13. I’ve travelled to many countries. Turkey, Canada, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, England etc …
14. My dad was born in the Netherlands. I have had a dutch passport (it has expired). I love Holland.
15. I have trained in drama and have worked in the theatre, television industry and I have also worked as a movie extra for Peter Jackson in his movie “Heavenly Creatures.”
16. I got a little claustrophobic while crawling through a cave. The young women in front of me got stuck. None of us could move in or out of a small crawl space. The more she panicked the longer it took to get out. We literally had to dig ourselves out, one handful of dirt at a time. It was frightening for the poor girl and for everyone else.
17. I have home schooled our kids. I love state schools (the good ones). I love home schooling and home schoolers. There is a time and a season for everything.
18. I wish I had nice finger nails. I am pretty rough on my hands and do lots of crafts and ruin my nails. I have weird thumbs that look like a toes. My poor daughter has them too.
19. I love fresh flowers especially Tulips.
20. I wear my croc’s far too much.
21. My favorite color is orange and I also love dark red.
22. My husband designed my engagement ring and had it made especially for me.
23. I wish I didn’t have to have a Gluten Free diet. Within half an hour of having any gluten I get very ill.
24. I have to dye my eyebrows regularly because being a redhead I have almost no colour in my eyebrows. I once thought about getting my eye brows tattooed so I wouldn’t have to dye them anymore. My best friend talked me out of it. THANK YOU for that…phew!
25. I wish my dad lived longer. He had a stroke when I was a teenager and never recovered. He lived in a tortured body for another 14 years after the stroke. He couldn’t speak but could sing hymns.
26. I have driven “legally” on both the right side and the left side of the road. It was scary driving on the right side for the first time.
27. I adore Mac love my iPod and love my iBook.
28. I don’t have a favourite book of the bible. Far too hard to pick. I do lead a young women’s bible study at our house and enjoy our Beth Moore study’s the most.
29. I am terrible at mathematics.
30. I still have my best friend from when I was five years old. We start school at age five in New Zealand and my friend and I were in the same class.
31. I have two older brothers.
32. I love high heel shoes but my feet and back don’t.
33. I love Corrie ten Boom’s book “The Hiding Place.” One of my favourite quotes from her is “There is no pit so deep that God’s love is not deeper still” and “God will give us the love to be able to forgive our enemies.” After reading Corrie’s book it gave me the strength to choose God’s will over my own no matter what the cost. Our family then moved countries from New Zealand to the USA and my husband went to University and got his MA to become a qualified Pastor.
34. I sometimes wish we still owned our house with the ocean views. I miss sipping my coffee and watching the boats sail by from our bed in the mornings. I feel guilty and selfish for missing a house.
35. I bought my first house when I was 21 years old. It was a cute 100 year old rail men’s cottage.
36. I had a snake in our house. The kids and I freaked out as it slithered passed their feet. I hate snakes. My husband was out and so I vacuumed the snake up with my new vacuum cleaner. Shhhh… don’t tell anyone. The snake was 27cm long. I know it was small but huge in the gross factor. I don’t like snakes in my house.
37. Whenever we go to restaurants my darling husband is always disappointed and tells everyone we should have stayed home because I would have cooked it better than the chefs. Too funny. Or does it remind you of the husband in the Australian movie “Castle?”
38. I don’t have any tattoos.
39. I love wearing nail polish on my toes. I have blue sparkly polish on ATM.
40. I love playing Xbox and wii games with my family. I am not competitive I don’t care if I lose or win. It’s just a game !! ! !